Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ComboBox Filter which pulls very specific Data in Excel into preset template

Hello,

I must say that you guys are FANTASTIC at this board and i have read
many of your posts throughout the years with great results. However, i
am looking for a solution to an idea I have for a finance related
project i am working on.

I have a 4,000 row spread sheet with information that is summarized in
the following fashion:

Division Code, Branch No., Account Number, Account Name, Total Year to
Date Expenses .

Each Division encompasses a region (e.g. North, South, East, West) with
many branches under it with corresponding expenses for each branch
organized by different account numbers.

Now what i am looking to accomplish is to link this 4,000 row sheet to
a combo box that allows me to select a branch by number (or name) and
only shows specific accounts without pulling ALL accounts for that
branch even if data is zero or none into a preset template :

Account 2000 - Car Expense
Account 3000 - Travel Expense
Account 4000 - Salary expense
Account 5000 - Overhead
Account 6000 - Recovery Expense

etc. where there could be many different account numbers for all of
these branches but i only want to pull the above to display which would
be linked to a chart in the same workbook but would change the results
depending on which branch is selected from the combo box. A filter
does not work since you can only select one at a time. My assumption is
filter all data by branch and somehow pull the data into a formatted
sheet using vlookups for just those account numbers that the managers
only want to see. I do not want use a pivot table because the boss
wants this in an income statement type of format so he can print this
off by branch. If this were a database the unique key would be the
branch no and account number combined. I can email file if you need
more clarification. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ComboBox Filter which pulls very specific Data in Excel into prese

A filter
does not work since you can only select one at a time. [Sic: two conditions
if you use custom]

You could use an advanced filter which doesn't have that limitation.

You could put in a dummy column that has a formula to calculate whether each
row should be visible or not and use an autofilter on that row.

Tom Ogilvy

"Robert R." wrote:

Hello,

I must say that you guys are FANTASTIC at this board and i have read
many of your posts throughout the years with great results. However, i
am looking for a solution to an idea I have for a finance related
project i am working on.

I have a 4,000 row spread sheet with information that is summarized in
the following fashion:

Division Code, Branch No., Account Number, Account Name, Total Year to
Date Expenses .