Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Spreadsheet ActiveX control help file

There is supposed to be a help file for use with the Spreadsheet ActiveX
Control called: MSOWCVBA.chm.

Can anyone provide a web link to this file so I can download it?

BTW, I am on a network, and I don't have access to the install disk, that's
why I need a link to it.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

No sorry, I checked the path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033

and its not there, I also searched my entire "C" drive and didn't find it...

Also, your link is no longer good, do you have an update?

Thanks

"quartz" wrote:

There is supposed to be a help file for use with the Spreadsheet ActiveX
Control called: MSOWCVBA.chm.

Can anyone provide a web link to this file so I can download it?

BTW, I am on a network, and I don't have access to the install disk, that's
why I need a link to it.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have just left it again, so it is good. Maybe paste it in your browser.

this is inpart what it says:

NOTE: By default, the Help files for Office Web Components 9.0 are installed
in the %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033 folder. By
default, the Help files for Office XP Web Components are installed in the
%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web
Components\10\1033 folder. By default, the Help files for Office 2003 Web
Components are installed in the %SystemDrive%:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Components\11\1033 folder.

which isn't the location you looked in.

It also says for Office 11 that the help file is named:
OWCVBA11.chm

the name you are using is for office 2000 (office 9.0)

Tom Ogilvy