Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default If a prog is running stop and restart

I need to trap a possible running program and stop it, then re-start
it. This is so I can use sendkeys to extract information from a known
reference point. I have studied the newsgroups and established I need
to use API routines to allow activation and subsequent continuation,
after recovering data, of the manipulating macro....so this I can do
but the trapping and stopping (if the prog is running) and then
re-starting stumps me. It should be simple I have tried GetObject but
can't get it to work. Can any one point me in the right direction
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you post what you've tried someone may be able to help. SendKeys is
generally not a stable coding solution. You might also give this a go.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect