Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] mike.r.harris@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default If a prog is running stop and restart

I need to trap a possible running program and stop it, then re-start
it. This is so I can use sendkeys to extract information from a known
reference point. I have studied the newsgroups and established I need
to use API routines to allow activation and subsequent continuation,
after recovering data, of the manipulating macro....so this I can do
but the trapping and stopping (if the prog is running) and then
re-starting stumps me. It should be simple I have tried GetObject but
can't get it to work. Can any one point me in the right direction
please?