Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table - data results that equal zero to be hidden

Pivot Table: How do I hide calculated items that result in zero? NOT zero
values but rather the sum of the values which result in zero.

EXAMPLE of top portion of pivot table:

Position (All)

Sum of Position
Instrument Total

MSFT 0
== (say result = 0 = +54, -4, -50) which is what I want to hide

DELL -100

HP 0
== (say result = 0 = +133, -122,-11) which is what I want to hide

TOY 131

But I am getting the following error message when attempting to hide the
zero sums: "You cannot hide this selection".

I also tried going into "Position" field, clicked on 'Field Settings' and
attempted to hide the zero however it only lists the VALUES of the positions
and not the SUM of the positions (whose sum of positions = zero is what I
want to hide in the pivot table).... Please help! Thank you!