Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Another Filter Question

Sorry started this problem in another thread and didn't realize
subject was the same. I have a sheet with a column ("T) that is
conditionally filtered, with this
filter =OR($T8-$S825000,$T8/$S8120%). I want to copy the cells that
meet this criteria to a new sheet. I can't quite work out the script
for the criteria. Your help is appreciated. TIA

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I understand you correctly, you already have column T filtered with a
Data=Filter =Autofilter where you have chosen True in the dropdown. then
On the chance that you don't know this:

Select all the data and do edit=copy, then goto the destination and do
Edit=paste

Only the visible rows will be pasted.

with code

Sub copyVisible()
Activsheet.Autofilter.Range.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

Tom Ogilvy

"GregR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry started this problem in another thread and didn't realize
subject was the same. I have a sheet with a column ("T) that is
conditionally filtered, with this
filter =OR($T8-$S825000,$T8/$S8120%). I want to copy the cells that
meet this criteria to a new sheet. I can't quite work out the script
for the criteria. Your help is appreciated. TIA

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, sorry for the confusion, no I do not have them filtered already,
they are however conditionally formatted with the criteria. What I
would like, is code to copy the rows based on the conditionally
formatted data. Somehow, I've got to apply the conditionally formatted
criteria to a filtered criteria. TIA

Greg
Tom Ogilvy wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you already have column T filtered with a
Data=Filter =Autofilter where you have chosen True in the dropdown. then
On the chance that you don't know this:

Select all the data and do edit=copy, then goto the destination and do
Edit=paste

Only the visible rows will be pasted.

with code

Sub copyVisible()
Activsheet.Autofilter.Range.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

Tom Ogilvy

"GregR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry started this problem in another thread and didn't realize
subject was the same. I have a sheet with a column ("T) that is
conditionally filtered, with this
filter =OR($T8-$S825000,$T8/$S8120%). I want to copy the cells that
meet this criteria to a new sheet. I can't quite work out the script
for the criteria. Your help is appreciated. TIA

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Guess you threw me off when you said

column ("T) that is
conditionally filtered, with this

You just need to use the same condition to filter your data.

Dave gave you the instructions - however it appears he assumed that column T
is a dummy column. I believe based on your latest that you will have to
create a dummy column with your conditional formatting formula. Then apply
the filter to that column.

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you already have column T filtered with a
Data=Filter =Autofilter where you have chosen True in the dropdown. then
On the chance that you don't know this:

Select all the data and do edit=copy, then goto the destination and do
Edit=paste

Only the visible rows will be pasted.

with code

Sub copyVisible()
Activsheet.Autofilter.Range.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

Tom Ogilvy

"GregR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry started this problem in another thread and didn't realize
subject was the same. I have a sheet with a column ("T) that is
conditionally filtered, with this
filter =OR($T8-$S825000,$T8/$S8120%). I want to copy the cells that
meet this criteria to a new sheet. I can't quite work out the script
for the criteria. Your help is appreciated. TIA

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're right.

I read "conditional filtered" as using data|filter|autofilter, not conditional
formatting.

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you already have column T filtered with a
Data=Filter =Autofilter where you have chosen True in the dropdown. then
On the chance that you don't know this:

Select all the data and do edit=copy, then goto the destination and do
Edit=paste

Only the visible rows will be pasted.

with code

Sub copyVisible()
Activsheet.Autofilter.Range.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think it would help. I read what I want--not what the user wrote.

(And I read a message that I posted earlier today and saw about 3 grammatical
errors in the first sentence. But now, I just shake my head and sigh--instead
of posting an "English" version of what I meant! <vbg)

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you already have column T filtered with a
Data=Filter =Autofilter where you have chosen True in the dropdown. then
On the chance that you don't know this:

Select all the data and do edit=copy, then goto the destination and do
Edit=paste

Only the visible rows will be pasted.

with code

Sub copyVisible()
Activsheet.Autofilter.Range.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...