Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter question

How would I filter this?
I want to filter by week and I want Undeted States and the Name to show.

United States United States United States
Abraham Brandon Corey
4-Jan-08
11-Jan-08
18-Jan-08

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just add a helper column with a formula of say

=WEEKNUM(A2)

and filter on this column

--
---
HTH

Bob

"LiveUser" wrote in message
How would I filter this?
I want to filter by week and I want Undeted States and the Name to show.

United States United States United States
Abraham Brandon Corey
4-Jan-08
11-Jan-08
18-Jan-08

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would use a helper column that calculates the Week nunber to your
requirements and then filter on the helper column.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"LiveUser" wrote in message
How would I filter this?
I want to filter by week and I want Undeted States and the Name to show.

United States United States United States
Abraham Brandon Corey
4-Jan-08
11-Jan-08
18-Jan-08

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob. Thank you for responding. I am unfamiliar with this formula. I put it
in, but didn't really understand it. Do you mind elborating on what this
formula does, how, and where it should be in relation to the other cells?

Thank you.

"LiveUser" wrote in message
How would I filter this?
I want to filter by week and I want Undeted States and the Name to show.

United States United States United States
Abraham Brandon Corey
4-Jan-08
11-Jan-08
18-Jan-08

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your data layout enter =WEEKNUM(A3) in B3.

Double-click on B3 to fill down.

Select row 2 and DataFilterAutofilter.

Filter on column B

NOTE: the WEEKNUM function is from the Analysis ToolPak Add-in which must
loaded through ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP