Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ExecuteExcel4Macro ...

I am using the ExecuteExcel4Macro to extract data from multiple workbooks
without having to open them first. It works very well until the routine
encounters a wb that is password protected. When this happens; the routine
prompts for a workbook password; is there a way around this? The password
for these workbooks is calculated based on the name of the workbook so the
password is always known to the routine; I just haven't been able to figure
out how to automate (pass) the password so that the user is not prompted for
it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that is provided toward resolving this
issue.

-Ralph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ralph,
I could well be wrong, but such call are "old" style Excel, possibly before
passwords were introduced (??).
I did have a help file on these calls (on my work system, not here), but
can't find a link right now.
It was he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=128175
but I get "The Knowledge Base (KB) Article You Requested Is Currently Not
Available".

NickHK

"RFraley" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:vtydnaToEuRUh47YnZ2dnUVZ_qWdnZ2d@co mcast.com...