Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Executeexcel4Macro?? (Dave, I need some help)

HI all,

Yesterday I managed to GET my data from another workbook by using VB, but
now I want to PUT data. Following here I have the code, and the debugger
marks the following line:

Public Nn As Variant
Option Base 1
Public Sub GetVal()
'
Nn = Array("Romeins Rekenen.xls", "Aftrekken.xls", "Optellen.xls",
"Delen.xls", _
"Vermenigvuldigen.xls", "Geldrekenen.xls", "Getallenlijn.xls",
"Breuken.xls", _
"Multiple Choice.xls")

For j = 1 To 9

filepath = "C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Rekenprogramma"
Filename = Nn(j)
sheetname = "Leraar"

For i = 2 To 16
Strg = "'" & filepath & "\[" & Filename & "]" _
& sheetname & "'!" & "r" & i & "c1"
ExecuteExcel4Macro(Strg) = ActiveSheet.Cells(i - 1, 1).Value
<<<<======= the debugger stops here. I swapped places to PUT data, but that
doesnt

work as i expected
Next i
'
Next j
'
End Sub

THE PROBLEM:

Cant put data in another workbook, but I dont know what this
ExecuteExcel4Macro is, its some kind of XML macro but further details I dont
have. My 7 excel books dont even show me what it really is lol.

Anyway, how can I make the code such, that I can PUT data from my active
sheet to another sheet in an inactive workbook

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Max,
If you look at the Object Browser for "ExecuteExcel4Macro", you will see
that it is listed as a Function. That means it (can) set a value to a
variable.
You are trying to do the reverse.

Not sure which Excel4Macro you are trying to execute, but this link gives
you a help file on the subject:

Hope it helps

NickHK

"Max Potters" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Executeexcel4Macro?? solved

Nick,

I already found the solution myself, sorry to bother you. But yes, your
information was very helpfull to me.

Thanks
Max