Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Executeexcel4Macro?? (Dave, I need some help)

Max,
If you look at the Object Browser for "ExecuteExcel4Macro", you will see
that it is listed as a Function. That means it (can) set a value to a
variable.
You are trying to do the reverse.

Not sure which Excel4Macro you are trying to execute, but this link gives
you a help file on the subject:

Hope it helps

NickHK

"Max Potters" wrote in message
HI all,

Yesterday I managed to GET my data from another workbook by using VB, but
now I want to PUT data. Following here I have the code, and the debugger
marks the following line:

Public Nn As Variant
Option Base 1
Public Sub GetVal()
'
Nn = Array("Romeins Rekenen.xls", "Aftrekken.xls", "Optellen.xls",
"Delen.xls", _
"Vermenigvuldigen.xls", "Geldrekenen.xls", "Getallenlijn.xls",
"Breuken.xls", _
"Multiple Choice.xls")

For j = 1 To 9

filepath = "C:\Documents and Settings\Max\Desktop\Rekenprogramma"
Filename = Nn(j)
sheetname = "Leraar"

For i = 2 To 16
Strg = "'" & filepath & "\[" & Filename & "]" _
& sheetname & "'!" & "r" & i & "c1"
ExecuteExcel4Macro(Strg) = ActiveSheet.Cells(i - 1, 1).Value
<<<<======= the debugger stops here. I swapped places to PUT data, but

that
doesnt

work as i expected
Next i
'
Next j
'
End Sub

THE PROBLEM:

Cant put data in another workbook, but I dont know what this
ExecuteExcel4Macro is, its some kind of XML macro but further details I

dont
have. My 7 excel books dont even show me what it really is lol.

Anyway, how can I make the code such, that I can PUT data from my active
sheet to another sheet in an inactive workbook