Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default FaceID not available

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with a FaceID property of a control button on a popup
menu. Basically it doesn't appear (in Intellisense) to be available (so for
the moment I've commented it out). Can anyone tell me why it's not
availble? NB- I'm using Excel 2003 and the code below is adapted from
Stephen Bullen et al's book "Excel 2002 VBA"

Thanks

John

Private Sub MakePopups()
With Application.CommandBars.Add(Name:="JohnsPopup",
Position:=msoBarPopup)
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.OnAction = "AddCategoryRow"
'.FaceID = 200
.Caption = "Add Category"
.TooltipText = "Add a category"
End With
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.OnAction = "AddItemRow"
'.FaceID = 200
.Caption = "Add Item"
.TooltipText = "Add an item"
End With
With .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.OnAction = "DeleteRow"
'.FaceID = 200
.Caption = "Delete Row"
.TooltipText = "Delete selected row"
End With
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It also works for me in XL97.
..FaceID = 200 is the Freeform icon in Autoshapes Lines, a strange choice
for the apparent purpose.

Regards,
Peter T

"John" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bob and Peter for your help. Bolstered by your lack of an issue with
it I've tried again and it works, but just no Intellisense support for it.
Very strange as Intellisense displays all the other properties and methods.

Anyway, it seems to work in practice so thanks for your help again.

Best regards

John