Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Works on my pc but not others

I have a spreadsheet that works fine on my pc but when other try to run it
they get errors in certain modules. I ran it on my wifes pc last night, she
has no add ins or anything and it worked fine. Any ideas where to look to
find the issue?

I have a company issued PC with the same install as others in the company, I
have some extra add ins and thought that may be the issue but when it worked
on my wifes at home with no add ins at all Im not sure where to look.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, Excel 2003 SP1.

Im waiting for one of the other guys to get in the office so I can see the
exact error and give you an example. I know on one of them it complained
about the use of Chr$(34). and in another spot is complained about the C in
"for each C in MyRange".

I'm guessing there is a preference set on mine that is not on theirs, I
already checked the Variable declaration option to make sure it was the same
as mine.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You don't give much detail. Excel versions??

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that works fine on my pc but when other try to run it
they get errors in certain modules. I ran it on my wifes pc last night,
she
has no add ins or anything and it worked fine. Any ideas where to look to
find the issue?

I have a company issued PC with the same install as others in the company,
have some extra add ins and thought that may be the issue but when it
worked
on my wifes at home with no add ins at all Im not sure where to look.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I think i found the problem. I'm not sure what the Chr$(34) is but I
dont seem to need it and its making it work on theirs to get rid of it...

Also if I Dim C then it works...

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that works fine on my pc but when other try to run it
they get errors in certain modules. I ran it on my wifes pc last night,
she
has no add ins or anything and it worked fine. Any ideas where to look to
find the issue?

I have a company issued PC with the same install as others in the company,
have some extra add ins and thought that may be the issue but when it
worked
on my wifes at home with no add ins at all Im not sure where to look.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

kevin,
I would suggest as a first step you confirm the references on the PC's
that the coding is not working on. When missing references occurr it seems
to lead to issues with string functions. Make sure none of the references
are missing.

1. Press Alt-F11
2. Select Tools....References from the VBE Menu.
3. Make sure none of the references show MISSING.

If this doesn't resolve the issue post back and let us know.

HTH
Cal