Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JB JB is offline

Default Can 3D Reference Update to New Position?

Hello. I'm trying to make an Excel 3D reference that will update itself to
its new position if moved on the grid.

Here's how the "normal" working formula would look in A2 on tab "Sum":
SUM(BEG:END!A2). However, if you insert a row above it, the formula in the
moved cell will not update to reference cell A3--it will still point to A2.

I've been trying to get something like this to work:
SUM(INDIRECT("BEG:END!"&CHAR(COLUMN()+64)&ROW()). But it doesn't work.

Anyone have an idea how I can get this to work as a formula? Or another way
to accomplish the same thing? I really want to avoid having to use any
programming or macros and just use a formula.

Thanks for the help.