Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default preventing special character from being entered in cell

hi all
My application requires that all keyboard characters can be entered in cells
in excelsheet.
However special charcters like ‚¬ ç ì etc entered by using
(alt0128)(alt135)(alt141) canot be entered.A warning message should be thrown.
Is this possible,if yes how???
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kunal,
You mean all characters with an ASCII code of <255 are OK ?
It depends on the font, as some non-normal fonts (Outlook, Martlett, Symbol,
etc) have "special" characters through out these numbers.

I have a Chinese keyboard and many other characters can be entered that way.

Clarify what you mean "special" characters ?

NickHK

"kunal Sharma" <kunal ...
hi all
My application requires that all keyboard characters can be entered in
cells
in excelsheet.
However special charcters like £á c i etc entered by using