Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

Default If cell value equals today

I have used a 3 conditional formats for other things. With vba, I would like
to have a cell fill be red and the font black if the cell equals a date in
cell K7. The range of cells for this possible format is D12:J81

I found some code on the net and tried to modify it to get it to do what I
want ...I made into a disaster.

With Range("D12:J81")
If Application.Cells = Today() Then

..Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Else
..Interior.ColorIndex = 0

End If
End With
End Sub

Thanks for any help

ADK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Const WS_RANGE As String = "D12:J81"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value = Me.Range("K7").Value Then
.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Else
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
End If
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ADK" wrote in message
I have used a 3 conditional formats for other things. With vba, I would

like
to have a cell fill be red and the font black if the cell equals a date in
cell K7. The range of cells for this possible format is D12:J81

I found some code on the net and tried to modify it to get it to do what I
want ...I made into a disaster.

With Range("D12:J81")
If Application.Cells = Today() Then

.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Else
.Interior.ColorIndex = 0

End If
End With
End Sub

Thanks for any help

ADK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ADK ADK is offline

I followed your directions but get errors:

Compile error:
Ambiguous name detected: Worksheet_Change

I do have another code segment that has the same first line:

Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("S12:S40")) Is Nothing Then
Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(1).Value)
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Can you have more than one?

Any idea and fix for the error?

Thanks

-ADK

"ADK" wrote in message
I have used a 3 conditional formats for other things. With vba, I would

like
to have a cell fill be red and the font black if the cell equals a date
in
cell K7. The range of cells for this possible format is D12:J81

I found some code on the net and tried to modify it to get it to do what
want ...I made into a disaster.

With Range("D12:J81")
If Application.Cells = Today() Then

.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Else
.Interior.ColorIndex = 0

End If
End With
End Sub

Thanks for any help

ADK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, you can't have more than one, but you can combine them, and unprotect
them

Const WS_RANGE_1 As String = "D12:J81"
Const WS_RANGE_2 As String = "S12:S40"

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
Me.Unprotect
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range(WS_RANGE_1)) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value = Me.Range("K7").Value Then
.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Else
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
End If
End With
ElseIf Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range(WS_RANGE_2)) Is Nothing
Then
.Cells(1,1).Value = UCase(.Cells(1,1).Value)
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Me.Protect

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ADK" wrote in message
I have used a 3 conditional formats for other things. With vba, I would

like
to have a cell fill be red and the font black if the cell equals a date

in
cell K7. The range of cells for this possible format is D12:J81

I found some code on the net and tried to modify it to get it to do what

want ...I made into a disaster.

With Range("D12:J81")
If Application.Cells = Today() Then

.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
Else
.Interior.ColorIndex = 0

End If
End With
End Sub

Thanks for any help

ADK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Adding: If I understand your setup, you have conditional formatting in these
cells already. If any of the criteria kicks in, you will se that format, not
the interior that your code (or your manual actions) specifies for the cell.

HTH. Best wishes Harald