Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Populate Cell with another cell, but only if the date equals today

I have a spreadsheet, in one worksheet I have a row of dates, then below a
row of data.
A,B,C (Columns)
1 01/01,01/02,01/03 (Rows with Dates)
2 100,200,300 (Row with Data)

On another worksheet I have a cell that I want to populate based on the
previous worksheet's data, but only if the date in column 1 equals today's
date.

So if today's date is 01/01 the cell would populate with 100. If today's
date was 01/02 it would popualte with 200, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming the dates in row 1 are actual Excel dates, just use Today() in an
Hlookup, as in:

=Hlookup(today(),$1:$2,2,false)

Regards,
Fred.

"GaryS" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet, in one worksheet I have a row of dates, then below a
row of data.
A,B,C (Columns)
1 01/01,01/02,01/03 (Rows with Dates)
2 100,200,300 (Row with Data)

On another worksheet I have a cell that I want to populate based on the
previous worksheet's data, but only if the date in column 1 equals today's
date.

So if today's date is 01/01 the cell would populate with 100. If today's
date was 01/02 it would popualte with 200, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

GaryS

One way is to use a lookup function. Assuming that you want to continue
with your dates in row 1, and data in row 2:

3
4 =today()
5 =hlookup(a4,1:2,2)

However, if you're going to have 365 dates to look up, you might find it
easier to set them all up in columns. In which case:

A B C D
1 01/01 100 =today()
2 01/02 200 =vlookup(D1,A1:B365,2)
3 etc