Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compile error method or data not fount

I want to double check that the user has the right file open before he does
the save.
Do I have to do the path for the filename since the active workbook should
be open already since there is another process previous. I just want to
double check he has the right file since it saves it as a text file. I get a
compile error on the first if.
Thanks,

Private Sub saveIndesign()
'Appends date to filename so as to not write over an existing file

' saveIndesign Macro

Const fPath As String = "Mac OS X:"
Const fName As String = "Indesign"
Const fName1 As String = "SSP"

'do the save first as a txt file
If ActiveWorkbook.Filename = "Book1.xls" Then

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fPath & fName & Format(Now,
"yyyymmdd_hhmmss") & ".txt"
ActiveWorkbook.Close
'then save as a normal workbook or the existing file will be changed to a
text file which is not what you want

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fPath & fName1 & Format(Now,
"yyyymmdd_hhmmss") & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal

MsgBox "2 Files Saved " & fName & fPath & Format(Now, "yyyymmdd_hhmmss") &
".txt " & fName1 & fPath & Format(Now, "yyyymmdd_hhmmss") & ".xls"
Else
MsgBox "Please select the raw SSP file Book1.xls."

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That compiles for me... The one thing you should check is that your project
has all of the nnecessary references. In the VBE select Tools - References
and look for anything checked but tagged "Missing:". When you are missing
references you will get compile errors on otherwise perfectly good code...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Janis" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the Visual Basic Explorer (VBE)(the visual basic window) on the menu there
is Tools. From that menu select References... This brings up a dialog that
indicates all of the librarys taht the project is using (Librarys are
essentialy code modules that you plug into your project in order to gain
functionallity.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Janis" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From Excel VBA Help:

VBE Property
Returns a VBE object that represents the Visual Basic **Editor**

Tom Ogilvy