Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto fill the next row in spreed sheet

Hi, I would like a code to help me auto-fill the next colum.

example: Let's say that on column A row 1 I entered a number (111) which is
a product code then I would like colum b row 1 to automatically entered the
information that corresponded to (111) product code so I don't have to
repeatly type new Product Description for each product code that I entered.
Trying to automate this process.

Even Better if you could do this:
Lets say that I have a set of old datas where the product codes (111) are
the same and doesnt need to be changed but the Product descriptions needs to
change how can I go about automating this process where I can work with two
spreadsheet. One spread sheet has old data with old product descriptions and
the 2nd spreadsheet has the same product code number but new information or
updated product description information (basically product master key with
single copies). I have about 5000 of these these changes that I want to
automatically write a script or something and run the script to change all
the old datas from the first spreadsheet to reflect updates from the 2nd
spreadsheet (key). There are a lot of duplication because we sell same
products to many customers.

I know this might be challenging, well, at least to me it's challenging but
I need to do that before I can import the datas into MS Access. This will
save me a lot of time so I don't have to find each product code and update
the product description one by one.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If this is an Excel question you might want to view the help information
regarding VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP or INDEX formulas.

If this is a Lotus Notes question I haven't a clue and you're in the wrong
user group.
--
Kevin Backmann

"E-mail report using Lotus Notes rather t" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the information. This is an excel help but I am exporting all my
excel data into MS access but before I can make that happen I have to rectify
all the data to reflect changes as I have indicated below before I can export
the data into Access.