Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default security level

Is it possible to set security level using VBA ? I want to set security level
to medium on opening an Excel application
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,
No.
It would be pretty pointless if virus code could just force Security to low
and run undetected.

NickHK

"Michael" wrote in message
Is it possible to set security level using VBA ? I want to set security

level
to medium on opening an Excel application

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, I'm trying to address a problem - If a user opens the file without
enabling macros - it opens in design 'mode' (buttons and text boxes inactive)
- I'd rather it output a message & drop out if not enabled because it's
useless without them.

"Michael" wrote in message
Is it possible to set security level using VBA ? I want to set security

level
to medium on opening an Excel application

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The standard way to approach this is as follows.
- create a worksheet with a message on explaining that for this workbook to
run it needs macros enabled, maybe even a few screenshots
- hide all other worksheets
- add some code in the Workbook_Open event that un hides the other sheets,
but hides that sheet.

What happens is that if they do not enable macros, they will only see the
warning sheet, telling them how to do it. If they enable macros,it will
startup the workbook as it should be.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips