Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New file format constants

I would like to know the hexidecimal values of some new file format constants
in Excel 2007.

- xlOpenXMLWorkbook
- xlExcel8

I would like to save a worksheet as an (old) XLS file in Excel 2007 from my
Delphi component so I need to now the hexadecimal value of xlExcel8.

I also noticed that saving a file with the xlExcel9795 constants gives an
exception. Doesn't support Excel 2007 this any more ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ,

Try this one :
Hi,

1.
On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list,
select the Analysis ToolPak box

2.
Sub ChgtoHex()
[a1].Formula = "=dec2hex(" & xlExcel8 & ")"
MsgBox "Hex Value of xlExcel8 is: " & [a1]
[a1].Formula = "=dec2hex(" & xlOpenXMLWorkbook & ")"
MsgBox "Hex Value of xlOpenXMLWorkbook is: " & [a1]
[a1].Formula = "=dec2hex(43)"
MsgBox "Hex Value of xlExcel9795 is: " & [a1]
[a1] = [a1]
End Sub

I hope this will help you...

Halim