Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default BottomRightCell ignores hidden cells

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position of the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies one cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Which "position" do you need and for what purpose? The Shape properties of
the toggle button (top, left, height, weight) can give you the position
regardless of the TopLeft or BottomRight cells.

Regards,
Bill

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position of the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies one cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bill,
The toggle button exists and is the size of of one cell only. I need
the posiiton (row/column) of that cell.
The reason is that I need to hide and unhide columns to its right.
Thanks

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position of the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies one cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

are you sure about that?
"displays the address of the cell beneath the lower-right corner " is
the functionality of bottom right.
I suggest that the the statement below can never be true???

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position of the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies one

cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yep tried it - they are not equal
topleft does actually give the ref I was looking for so I'll try that.
I can't guess what you are getting at by the "in a cell" comment.
The toggle button fully occupies the cell D8, bottom right gives E9 and
topleft gives d8

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position of

the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies one
cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was experimenting with this and I found that for the topleft and
bottomright properties to by the same, the height & width of the button must
round [down] to the next snap size for the cell height/width. For example, a
row can either be 12 pt or 12.75 pt. The button height must be less than
12.375 for the TL & BR props to be the same. Make any sense?

"NickHK" wrote:

Make the button smaller, so Excel considers completely "in the cell".
But either way, you know it in D8.

NickHK

oups.com...

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position

of
the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies

one
cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
You might also be careful with the Zoom. If a user sets the zoom on the
sheet below 100% you might find the topleft value is not D8 anymore!
This happened to one of my sheets even though size and rescale was on,
and the button dimensions were the height and width of the cell. Excel
bug?

regards
Paul

NickHK wrote:
Make the button smaller, so Excel considers completely "in the cell".
But either way, you know it in D8.

NickHK

oups.com...

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position

of
the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies

one
cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

oh!!!
so question still remains.
if a toggle button "starts" in a certain cell how can I find the ref of
that cell?

NickHK wrote:
Make the button smaller, so Excel considers completely "in the cell".
But either way, you know it in D8.

NickHK

oups.com...

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position

of
the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies

one
cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes Bill,
I wrongly assumed topleft was the opposite to bottomright
the reason I asked again is based on Paul's comment

NickHK wrote:
Make the button smaller, so Excel considers completely "in the cell".
But either way, you know it in D8.

NickHK

oups.com...

" wrote:

The BottomRightCell property of a button returns the position
of
the
closest bottom right "visible" cell
I need the position of the toggle button (which only occupies
one
cell)
Any ideas how please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
The topleft will do it, but I'd suggest making sure zoom is set to 100%
before you do it, that's all.
regards
Paul

NickHK wrote:
Make the button smaller, so Excel considers completely "in the cell".
But either way, you know it in D8.

NickHK

oups.com...