Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA line numbers

This is a suggestion for Microsoft:

It should be possible to automatically number and re-number lines of VBA
code, to make it easier to match code with a listing.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you can work around it...

If you copy your code to MSWord, you can do this within MSWord:
File|Page setup|Layout Tab|Line numbers button.

You may want to change to landscape and use a smaller font, too.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you may want to invest in PrettyCode

http://submain.com/
http://submain.com/?nav=products.pcp

Patricia Shannon wrote:

This is a suggestion for Microsoft:

It should be possible to automatically number and re-number lines of VBA
code, to make it easier to match code with a listing.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was looking at the Word line numbers, and it justs prints line numbers.
That wouldn't help me find the corresponding line when I'm working in the VBA
editor. I could write something that would add a comment followed by a line
number to the end of each line, but it doesn't seem worth it right now,
because this job ends at the end of the month.