Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MS Query Problem

We've recently switched to Excel and Access 2003. I am having a problem with
query wizerd. I have multiple worksheets tied back to various access dbs.
When I go to edit query, and the default is that "You cannot edit this query
in Query Wizard" everything works fine. I can choose OK and edit the query
in MS Query. When Query Wizard tries to open everything locks up. I can get
to Microsoft query, but I can't do anything there. The only way I can get
out of it is to end it through the task manager. I've been to our IS help
group and they can't figure it out. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I solved this FINALLY. It's been in to our helpdesk for over a week. The
solution was to copy the msqry32.exe file out of the office10 folder and
replace the same file in the office11 folder.

Works fine now.

I noticed that the file in my office11 folder was older than the one in the
office10 folder. Evidentally there may have been an update that didn't get
carried over.

I figured I'd post this since it's been an issue for well over a week.
Maybe someone else won't fight with it like I did........