jarems

Default Problem with MS Query - can't edit query

Is there a known issue using MS Query with Excel? More often than not,
after creating an External Query and editing it with MS Query, I am
suddenly unable to Edit Query... from the Data menu. When I do select
it, Excel appears to think for a minute with a message: "Waiting for
data to be returned from MS Query...", but then nothing happens. Is
there another way to get to the SQL or MS Query?

--
jarems
Richard E

I too am having the same problem with Excel 97 and Excel 2000 on different
PCs.

The same programs run OK on two other machines where I have never updated MS
Office, so I think the problem lies here.
--
Richard E

"jarems" wrote:

Is there a known issue using MS Query with Excel? More often than not,
after creating an External Query and editing it with MS Query, I am
suddenly unable to Edit Query... from the Data menu. When I do select
it, Excel appears to think for a minute with a message: "Waiting for
data to be returned from MS Query...", but then nothing happens. Is
there another way to get to the SQL or MS Query?

--
jarems

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard E

"jarems" wrote:

Is there a known issue using MS Query with Excel? More often than

not,
after creating an External Query and editing it with MS Query, I am
suddenly unable to Edit Query... from the Data menu. When I do

select
it, Excel appears to think for a minute with a message: "Waiting for
data to be returned from MS Query...", but then nothing happens. Is
there another way to get to the SQL or MS Query?
--
jarems

Still not resolved this problem from last October. Anyone have any
advice?

--
Richard E
Richard E's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28054