Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show Format Cells Dialog Box?

I'd like a macro to show the Format Cells dialog so I can assign it to
a hotkey (can't use the default Ctrl-1 since that's a global hotkey
for me to change desktops).

When I look at the choices for various xlDialogs, I can't find one
that will show the dialog box with all the tabs.

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormatNumber).Show

This only shows the Number tab. xlDialogFormatFont only shows the
font tab. The other xlDialogFormat??? choices give me an error. I
would have thought xlDialogFormatMain would have worked, but it
doesn't.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way is to use this

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _
(ID:=855, Recursive:=True).Execute

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Andy" wrote in message ...
I'd like a macro to show the Format Cells dialog so I can assign it to
a hotkey (can't use the default Ctrl-1 since that's a global hotkey
for me to change desktops).

When I look at the choices for various xlDialogs, I can't find one
that will show the dialog box with all the tabs.

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormatNumber).Show

This only shows the Number tab. xlDialogFormatFont only shows the
font tab. The other xlDialogFormat??? choices give me an error. I
would have thought xlDialogFormatMain would have worked, but it
doesn't.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ron, works perfectly!

I never could have figured this out by stumbling around in Excel's VBA
Help. Is there a list of ID numbers in there someplace?

Andy

One way is to use this

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").FindControl _
(ID:=855, Recursive:=True).Execute

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andy

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm

I like to use Ole's add-in but you can see the number also in the Format menu screenshot
http://www.rondebruin.nl/menuid.htm#ID

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl