Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default date criteria with SUMIF or SUMPRODUCT

Below is what I have

A B
Date Total
------ -------
Oct-2005 50
Nov-2005 79.3
Dec-2005 76.4
Jan-2006 81
Feb-2006 46.5
Mar-2006 73.6
Apr-2006 106
Oct-2005 150

I am trying to sum up the total column by a certain date criteria from
Column A.

Below is what I have and it is giving me an error.

=Sumif(A2:A8 = Oct-2005, B2:B8)

For some reason this formula is not working.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your syntax is wrong for sumif. try this:
=Sumif(A2:A8,"=Oct-2005", B2:B8)
Addy wrote:
Below is what I have

A B
Date Total
------ -------
Oct-2005 50
Nov-2005 79.3
Dec-2005 76.4
Jan-2006 81
Feb-2006 46.5
Mar-2006 73.6
Apr-2006 106
Oct-2005 150

I am trying to sum up the total column by a certain date criteria from
Column A.

Below is what I have and it is giving me an error.

=Sumif(A2:A8 = Oct-2005, B2:B8)

For some reason this formula is not working.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A8)=10,--(YEAR(A2:A8)=2005),B2:B8)

"Addy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Below is what I have

A B
Date Total
------ -------
Oct-2005 50
Nov-2005 79.3
Dec-2005 76.4
Jan-2006 81
Feb-2006 46.5
Mar-2006 73.6
Apr-2006 106
Oct-2005 150

I am trying to sum up the total column by a certain date criteria from
Column A.

Below is what I have and it is giving me an error.

=Sumif(A2:A8 = Oct-2005, B2:B8)

For some reason this formula is not working.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Typo Bob

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A8)=10),--(YEAR(A2:A8)=2005),B2:B8)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Umlas" wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A8)=10,--(YEAR(A2:A8)=2005),B2:B8)

"Addy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Below is what I have

A B