Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sumif or sumproduct with date as criteria

Could someone please help me do the following.

I want to sum a column say C given corresponding Column B is within a
date range

So I want to sum Column C if the date in Column b is between 1-1 and
3-31.

Any help would be great

Thank you
Josh

--
jhahes
jhahes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23596

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

For example, assuming data is in B1:C7

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B7DATEVALUE("1/1/2005"))*(B1:B7<DATEVALUE("3/31/2005")),C1:C7)

"jhahes" wrote:

Could someone please help me do the following.

I want to sum a column say C given corresponding Column B is within a
date range

So I want to sum Column C if the date in Column b is between 1-1 and
3-31.

Any help would be great

Thank you
Josh

--
jhahes
jhahes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23596
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391691

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(B2:B1000,"mmyyyy")="012005"),--(TEXT(B2:B1000,"mmyyyy")
<"042005"), C2:C1000)

Note that SUMPRODUCT can only work on part of the column, not a whole
column.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jhahes" wrote in
message ...

Could someone please help me do the following.

I want to sum a column say C given corresponding Column B is within a
date range

So I want to sum Column C if the date in Column b is between 1-1 and
3-31.

Any help would be great

Thank you
Josh

--
jhahes
jhahes's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=391691

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks for the help, formula works great!