Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default data from cell

hello everybody,

This is my problem.
In excel sheet I get data from Access using MS query. Register makro with
some SQL inquiry. In this SQL inquiry I write such condition:

TABLE1.DATA<={ts '2006-08-07 18:55:20'}

How can I modify it to have a possibility to take date from excel cell?

thank you in advance

roody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
you need to turn your MSQ into a parameter query where it asks you what
value to use. to do this...
right click the MSQ and select edit query.
click the next button until it says finish.
click the view data or edit in microsoft query option button then click
finish.
when the MSQ comes up, remove your hard criteria and replace it with a
prompt which is a question inclosed in sqare brackets, example [what?]
in the MSQ, click filereturn data to excel.
you will be prompted for a value. enter anything. if the query doesn't find
the value, it will return nothing.
right click the MSQ again and select parameters.
with the parameter box comes up, select the get data from the following cell
option button.
click the range finder at the far right.
select the cell you want to use as a value.
return to the parameter box and click ok.
what ever value you enter into the cell will be the SQL criteria.

good luck
regards
FSt1