Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default RAM Question

Hi all,

I had a program set up that was slow and used at times up to 350 meg or RAM,
so i spilt up the files to build up speed and to hopfully reduce RAM which
worked however the RAM at times still at times pushes to the near 300s. Any
ideas on how I can reduce my RAM usage without sacrificing speed?

Jason
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jason,
Depends what you are doing.
A bit more detail would help ?

NickHK

"Jason Zischke" wrote in message
Hi all,

I had a program set up that was slow and used at times up to 350 meg or

RAM,
so i spilt up the files to build up speed and to hopfully reduce RAM which
worked however the RAM at times still at times pushes to the near 300s.

Any
ideas on how I can reduce my RAM usage without sacrificing speed?

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi NickHK

to my one program there is about 10 different files that are loaded from
time to time depending on what the user is doing so that I didn't have
unessesary calculations, form or macros loaded and the resting RAM (when the
program is just up but not really doing anything) the RAM is about 180meg but
when the user wants to print multiple views it climbs to about 300 meg.

Jason

"NickHK" wrote:

Jason,
Depends what you are doing.
A bit more detail would help ?

NickHK

"Jason Zischke" wrote in message
Hi all,

I had a program set up that was slow and used at times up to 350 meg or

RAM,
so i spilt up the files to build up speed and to hopfully reduce RAM which
worked however the RAM at times still at times pushes to the near 300s.

Any
ideas on how I can reduce my RAM usage without sacrificing speed?

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jason,
If the amount of RAM is a concern, see
http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimitsc.htm

You can also these worksheet functions to see when it changes
=INFO("memused")
=INFO("memavail")
Can't say how reliable their values are.