Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default need help w/ macro prompting with info and pasting the info based on user input

I need help with a macro. I am showing the sample sheets below. The
Macro needs to go to SHEET 2 and copy the amounts and paste into SHEET
1. Now into more detail. The info in SHEET 2 might contain some hidden
rows which should be omitted. It should go through all the visible rows
(besides the first one) and display an input box for each row. The
input box should display the "amount" and "Description" column info for
the row (needs to be done one by one for each visible row). The input
box would be prompting me for input. The input decides into which ROW
in SHEET 1 the AMOUNT info (not the description) is pasted. The macro
should paste automatically into the column in SHEET 1 based on the
"Dacct" info from SHEET 2. The user only picks the row and the macro
picks the column based on matching the "Dacct" numbers in both sheets.

Let's make an example based on the first row (after header) . I need
the macro to paste 500.5 from SHEET 2 into "Jan" row and "15000" column
in SHEET 1.
An input box would pop up showing me : "Amount: 500.5 Description:
good" . It would be prompting me: "Please choose date: " The
input would decide into which row in SHEET 1 the 500.5 is pasted. The
macro would then decide based on the "Dacct" value in that row in SHEET
2 which column in SHEET 1 to pick.
The input answer for the prompt would be 1-12 for the rows "Jan-Dec".
"P" would be the input for the "Previous Year" row.

I do not even know where to begin... Really hope somebody can help me
on this one. I am not a programmer so anything can help.

SHEET 1:

Previous Year

DAcct 15000 16000 17000

Jan 500.5
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec

SHEET 2:

Prod# Asset# Amount Dacct Type Description
F1550 B55 500.5 15000 Lunch good
F1560 B55 600.3 15000 Lunch bad
F1570 B55 800 15000 Lunch not so bad
F1580 B55 98 15000 Lunch pretty good
F1660 B55 789 16000 Auto pretty good
F1670 B55 4564 16000 Auto cool
F1690 B55 785 17000 Loca nasty
F1700 B55 7227 17000 Loca terrific

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually sheet 1 would look as follows with "Previous Year" below
"Dacct"

SHEET 1:

DAcct 15000 16000 17000

Previous Year

Jan 500.5
Feb
Mar
Apr
May
Jun
Jul
Aug
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

At least some possible functions and codes I can edit to fit it into
the scheme of this Macro I need.
I just looked and I do not even know where to start.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

drgka55 wrote:
At least some possible functions and codes I can edit to fit it into
the scheme of this Macro I need.
I just looked and I do not even know where to start.

I have few questions.
1/ Not sure what the relevance of entering the P is.? Do you what to
seperate the data into different years...if is there a separate table
on sheet 1 for each year.
2/ What do you if the there are multiple value for the same DAACT for
the same month? do you sum them under the DAACT for that month??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have few questions.
1/ Not sure what the relevance of entering the P is.? Do you what to
seperate the data into different years...if is there a separate table
on sheet 1 for each year.
2/ What do you if the there are multiple value for the same DAACT for
the same month? do you sum them under the DAACT for that month??

1. The P is for the "Previous Year" row in SHEET1. We can say that it
is row 10. I was counting on creating an "answer key" for each of the
rows I would want to paste the information into. SHEET1 as displayed
shows 12 months of the year and 1 row ("prior year") for everything
else.

2. I want to actually paste the values and ADD them example: if the
month already contains values for a certain account (DACCT) then I want
to add to it (=500 exists ,needs to add 450, then make it =500+450 or
it would be more like =(500)+450 when excel does the paste ADD . I need
to keep each amount separate and just add to them new values from
SHEET2 according to the criteria.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am working on something for you..If your email as shown works here. (
if not email me you email address.).I will email what I will have to do
this. (50% done now). I

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok try this
Make userform ...I used userform1

add 3 labels (1,2,3)and 2 comboboxes (1 &2)
and 2 command buttons
command button 1 is row move to the next row (below) and gets the
entrys.
command buton 2 enter the data to sheet1
paste the code below.

assumptions:
on sheet 2 the amount is column 3 (C) , the Dacct in col 4 (D) and
'status' (good/bad) in col 6 (F). and the first entry is on row 3

The data output goes in sheet 1

previous year row 10

jan this year starts at row 12 and so on down
15000 data goes in column 3 (C)
16000 data goes inis column 4 (D)
17000 data goes in column 5 (E)

Numbers are added as you requested.
Anyway code is below
If you have any questions let me know

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Cells(ActiveCell.Row + 1, 3).Select ' moves to the next entry
Call refresh ' get data from sheet 2

End Sub

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
' write data to sheet 1 for current entry
Call populate
End Sub

Sub refresh()
Sheet2.Activate
Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 3).Select
Label1.Caption = ActiveCell.Value
Label2.Caption = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
Label3.Caption = ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3).Value
With ComboBox1 ' populate month combo box
..Clear
..AddItem "Jan"
..AddItem "Feb"
..AddItem "Mar"
..AddItem "Apr"
..AddItem "May"
..AddItem "Jun"
..AddItem "Jul"
..AddItem "Aug"
..AddItem "Sep"
..AddItem "Oct"
..AddItem "Nov"
..AddItem "Dec"
..ListIndex = 0
End With
With ComboBox2
..Clear
..AddItem "Current Year"
..AddItem "Previous Year"
..ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub
Sub populate()

If ComboBox2.ListIndex = 1 Then ' is the entry for the previous year
If UserForm1.Label2.Caption = "15000" Then Sheet1.Cells(10,
3).Value = Sheet1.Cells(10, 3).Value + Val(UserForm1.Label1.Caption)
If UserForm1.Label2.Caption = "16000" Then Sheet1.Cells(10,
4).Value = Sheet1.Cells(10, 4).Value + Val(UserForm1.Label1.Caption)
If UserForm1.Label2.Caption = "17000" Then Sheet1.Cells(10,
5).Value = Sheet1.Cells(10, 5).Value + Val(UserForm1.Label1.Caption)
Else
' for the current year

Dim i As Integer
i = 12 + ComboBox1.ListIndex ' for the month

If UserForm1.Label2.Caption = "15000" Then Sheet1.Cells(i,
3).Value = Sheet1.Cells(i, 3).Value + Val(UserForm1.Label1.Caption)
If UserForm1.Label2.Caption = "16000" Then Sheet1.Cells(i,
4).Value = Sheet1.Cells(i, 4).Value + Val(UserForm1.Label1.Caption)
If UserForm1.Label2.Caption = "17000" Then Sheet1.Cells(i,
5).Value = Sheet1.Cells(i, 5).Value + Val(UserForm1.Label1.Caption)

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Sheet2.Activate
Sheet2.Cells(3, 3).Select ' starts at the amount in the third row, 3rd
column
Call refresh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

stevebriz thank you very much for your time and effort on this.
I have not tried it out yet but I will test the code asap and get back
to you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I emailed you the latest changes you want.