Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default subtotals

Operation No Part Number Sequence Number Material Cost
1 1 1
1
1 2 1
1
1 Total
2
2 2 2
8
2 Total
8
Grand Total
10

Was just wondering if there was a way of coding the subtotal so that after
each subtotal it will calculate that total plus the previous totals. E.G.
After "Operation No 2 Total", I want another line inserted that will give the
sum total of "1 Total" and "2 Total". The amount of the inputted information
will not stay the same and there will be more than two subtotals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, that is not an option under the subtotal command. (cumulative subtotals)

However, it isn't totally clear that you are describing cumulative
subtotals. You might want to have groups and subgoups. To do that you can
run a second subtotal command and remove the replace existing subtotals
option when you run it a second time. Then subtotal on a different field.
This is possibly what you are describing.

Tom Ogilvy