Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check User

Hi,

I hope someone could help me.

I broadcast an Excel file with confidential financials which I have
codes to control who to view which sheets through asking respective
users to enter their passwords.

However this is still not good enough. I want to identify user machines
so users cannot share passwords.

Could someone help me how I could achieve this?

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will give you name of the computer:
environ("computername")

You should remember that Excel security is, at best, a minor inconvenience
for anyone with a minute and a little curiosity.
If a user really should not see the others' information, don't include it in
the file.
Otherwise, expect that sooner or later, one of your users will have the
inclination to snoop.

NickHK

"KC VBA Qns" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I hope someone could help me.

I broadcast an Excel file with confidential financials which I have
codes to control who to view which sheets through asking respective
users to enter their passwords.

However this is still not good enough. I want to identify user machines
so users cannot share passwords.

Could someone help me how I could achieve this?

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Nick.

I completely understand on the security aspect.

Now what must the user do to retrieve their computer names and forward
to me for embedding into my codes?

Rgds,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can user that in your code: