Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linked Workbooks

For an unknown reason, whenever I try to close a workbook that I have
been building, I now get the message, "This workbook is currently
referenced by another workbook and cannot be closed." I don't have any
other workbooks, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem. I may
have done something inadvertantly during development. Does anyone know
how to track this problem or to resolve it?

Thanks,

Terry in Kalamazoo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I would try this macro to delete any hyperlink
Sub DisplayName()
Dim n As Name
For Each n In ThisWorkbook.Names
With n
If MsgBox("Delete " & .Name & " ? " & vbCrLf & _
"Refers to " & .RefersTo, vbYesNo + vbQuestion) Then .Delete
End If
End Su

--
jette
jetted's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1753

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Les Les is offline

You may have left a ghost instance of Excel running in the background.
Close Excel.
Try using CTRL-ALT-DEL to access your Task Manager.
From the processes tab, sort by Image Name and look for EXCEL.EXE in the list.
If it is present, you have a ghost. Use the End Process button to kill it.

This likely happened if you were using VBA to create Excel application
objects, but did not release them.
--
Les Torchia-Wells

" wrote:

For an unknown reason, whenever I try to close a workbook that I have
been building, I now get the message, "This workbook is currently
referenced by another workbook and cannot be closed." I don't have any
other workbooks, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem. I may
have done something inadvertantly during development. Does anyone know
how to track this problem or to resolve it?

Thanks,

Terry in Kalamazoo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You create a reference by going into tools=References in the VBE and
checking a box next to the project name of the workbook you can't close.
Find the workbook where you have done that and uncheck it.

Tom Ogilvy