Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default trim and vlookup dun work

Hi,i have encounter 2 problem now..could you provide me with some advise
or solution if possible..thanks

1)Trim doesn't seems to work cause when i put =trim(B3) into a blank
cell, there is still a blank space infront of the text..it is like the
same lo..how do you solve this?

2)I tried to use vlookup but it is like displaying me with an N/A thing
in the past but now when i type it in a formula bar..it doesn't show any
result as in it just display the formula i put in and no value..get
it??with be very grateful for that help..plenty of thanks

--
Seeking help
Seeking help's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35658

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Seeking Help,

1) The intial space may in fact be a non-breaking space character.
See David McRitchie's TrimAll sub at:

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm - trimall

2) Perhaps the cell in question is formatted as text, Change the format and
try
re-entering your formula.

Alternatively, check that the display formulas option is not selected:

Tools | View | Window Options | Formulas

---
Regards,
Norman

news:Seeking.help.2cq1hn_1155880503.2428@excelforu m-nospam.com...