Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trim function won't work in VBA

Do you use Outlook in this project?

If not, remove the reference in the original workbook and redistribute that.

If yes, then instead of using a specific version of Outlook, maybe you could use
latebinding and use whatever version is available.

You may want to take a look at Dick Kusleika's site for more info:
http://dicks-clicks.com/excel/olBinding.htm

Den wrote:

What appears to be happening is that there is a reference in the original
spreadsheet to Outlook 11. This is marked as missing on the older
machines, but it won't allow Outlook 9 or Outlook 10 to be marked until
Outlook 11 is unchecked. It looks like "Visual Basic for Applications"
and Excel 11 , etc references will change to whatever the most current
version is on the other machine. But Outlook will not load the older
versions.

Why the Outlook ref not loading causes "Trim" to have a problem, I don't
know. But when I went to an older machine and unchecked the Outlook 11 ref
and then checked the Outlook 9 ref, the spreadsheet code worked.

Anyone know a work around for this????

Dennis

"Bob Flanagan" wrote in message
On one of the machines that works, select in the VB editor, Tools,
References. Make note of what is checked. Then go to a machine that does
not work right and do the same thing, but check the references that are
checked on the 1st machine.

If this doesn't solve, then you most likely will need to un-install Excel
and then re-install it.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"Den" wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet with some VBA code that is trying to use the
Trim() function. It works on some computers but not others. I get a
project or library reference error.

but I don't know what library this is in. I have all the standard
references checked including Visual Basic for Applications, and I have
checked the references against machines that do work and there are no
differences.

All machines use Office 2000 and above.

Any suggestions?????

--