Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting Via a Macro

Is it possible to format sheets (visualize an inventory sheet with white
row - grey row - white row - grey row) via macros?

I currently have the sheets set up so that people can just type in what
they need. However, often people will cut/copy/paste/drag/fill down,
etc and it messes up the formatting I have on the sheet.

Is there a way to set the colors & borders via a macro?

--
wilro85
wilro85's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26935

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can do that with macro's however I would recommend conditional
formatting.
Select all cells
Go To:
Format Menu...
Conditional Formating...
Click "Cell Value Is" and Change to "Formula Is"
Type this for the formula:
=MOD(ROW(),2) = 0
Click "Format..."
Click the "Patterns" Tab
Select new background tab
Click ok twice

Charles
wilro85 wrote:
Is it possible to format sheets (visualize an inventory sheet with white
row - grey row - white row - grey row) via macros?

I currently have the sheets set up so that people can just type in what
they need. However, often people will cut/copy/paste/drag/fill down,
etc and it messes up the formatting I have on the sheet.

Is there a way to set the colors & borders via a macro?

--
wilro85
wilro85's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26935
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572760

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use conditional formatting with a formula of

=MOD(ROW(),2)=0

then it adjusts automatically.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"wilro85" wrote in
message ...

Is it possible to format sheets (visualize an inventory sheet with white
row - grey row - white row - grey row) via macros?

I currently have the sheets set up so that people can just type in what
they need. However, often people will cut/copy/paste/drag/fill down,
etc and it messes up the formatting I have on the sheet.

Is there a way to set the colors & borders via a macro?

--
wilro85
wilro85's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572760