Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Formatting? Please Help

I have a huge problem. I have thousands of contact info that I need to
change the way it is displayed. Here is a link to the excel file
example:

www.anythingjapanese.com/what%20I%20want.xls

I need to convert about to 5000 of those sets at a time and convert
them into colums not rows. Any ideas? I am guessing some kind of macro
but I have no idea. Please help.

Thanks so much
David

--
Plasmaticfire
Plasmaticfire's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37285

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Master files : whatIwant.xls
Baby files: That 5,xxx files.

I personally think that the problem is the file name of your baby files are
different.
If you do not have any solution, I have the following idea:

copy/rename your babies files to 1.xls , 2.xls, 3.xls and etc
At Master files,
input a16: =[1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
input b16: =[1.xls]Sheet1!$b$15
copy it down, change the sheet name in the formula by using find/replace OR
making use of formula
cell L16 input '=[ copy from L16 to L6000
cell M16 input 1, M17 input =1+1, copy from M17 to M6000
cell N16 input .xls]sheet1! copy down.................
cell O16 input $a$1 copy down................
In the future, if you have any new file create, you should input a main baby
file all the time.
By using macro create a new file, copy all the content into the new file,
copy file one by one from the baby file and paste it to the master file and
save it. When the macro stop, manually save the new file name as you like.
Let me know if you need it.
Hope it helps