Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Picture #s Assigned to Objects

When I insert a graphic object, it is automatically assigned a number i.e.
"Picture 123".

<Msgbox Application.Caller.Name displays this auto assigned number.

Is there anyway to set or change the number assigned to such objects?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The basic code to rename a picture/shape is:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Picture 123").Name = "MyNewName"

If the code you used in your message box is giving you the actual picture
name, then store the name in a memory variable (ie: rather than Msgbox use
MyShapeName = ). Then your line of code would be:

ActiveSheet.Shapes(MyShapeName).Name = "MyNewName"

Replace "MyNewName" with whatever naming convention you wish to use.

--
Thx
MSweetG222

"VicWestVan" wrote:

When I insert a graphic object, it is automatically assigned a number i.e.
"Picture 123".

<Msgbox Application.Caller.Name displays this auto assigned number.

Is there anyway to set or change the number assigned to such objects?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the object
type the new name in the Namebox (to the left of the formula bar)
make sure you hit enter

And you can give the picture a nicer name--either based on what it is or based
on where it is???

Pict_A3 (if it's in A3)
Picture_Of_My_Family

VicWestVan wrote:

When I insert a graphic object, it is automatically assigned a number i.e.
"Picture 123".

<Msgbox Application.Caller.Name displays this auto assigned number.

Is there anyway to set or change the number assigned to such objects?

--

Dave Peterson