Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conditional depending on font color help?

how can i get this to work.

In the same workbook I am trying to write an IF statement to look at a
cell on another worksheet and if that cell is red to write fail into
the new worksheet or if the condition is false to write pass in that
particular cell on the new worksheet. i am not trying to write a macro
to do this but just put this code into the cell on the new worksheet.

what i have right now is giving me a #name? error. here is what i have
come up with that does not work.

=IF(Sheet1!d12.font.colorindex = 3, "FAIL", "PASS")

any help on this would be greatly appreciated.