Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DrB DrB is offline

Default font color depending upon value possible?

Would like to have calculated cell value from other cells show in black
color if positive and in red if negative. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you can't find a suitable format using Format/Cells/Number/Custom's
installed formats, try formatting the calculated cell with

Format/Cells/Number/Custom [Black]General;[Red]General or

[Black]General;[Red]-General

etc.

In article ,
"DrB" wrote:

Would like to have calculated cell value from other cells show in black
color if positive and in red if negative. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another option would be to use Format|Cells|conditional formatting.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DrB DrB is offline

When using CF it never changes color when I change the cell value. For
example have cell less than ="G4", format is red color, but when cell is
equal or greater than ="G4", then format is black color. Unfortunately the
cell never changes to black when I change the cell value greater than G4.
Why not?

This way changes the cell color. I really want to change the font color. Is
there a way?

DrB wrote:

Would like to have calculated cell value from other cells show in black
color if positive and in red if negative. Is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DrB DrB is offline

Default font color depending upon value possible? Solved

Just figured it out using your method. Thank you.

.. .

DrB wrote:

Would like to have calculated cell value from other cells show in black
color if positive and in red if negative. Is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jmb jmb is offline

Try format/conditional formating.

its very powerfull

"DrB" a écrit dans le message de news:
Would like to have calculated cell value from other cells show in black
color if positive and in red if negative. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DrB DrB is offline

Default font color less than another to show in red?

This way is best since one can copy format and paste on several other cells.
With conditioning format the cell letter doesn't increment to the pasted
cell.

Now is it possible with some cells that never go negative to compare the
value with another and if less than have the font shown in red?

"DrB" wrote:

Would like to have calculated cell value from other cells show in black
color if positive and in red if negative. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, you'll need to use CF for that.

In article ,
"DrB" wrote:

Now is it possible with some cells that never go negative to compare the
value with another and if less than have the font shown in red?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DrB

Try CFFormula is: =cellref<$G$4

Where cellref is the cell to change font color.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

DrB wrote:

Would like to have calculated cell value from other cells show in black
color if positive and in red if negative. Is this possible?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DrB

Would be better if you stuck to the original thread. I posted to that one
before I read this "solved" post.

Waste of my time in my estimation.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:26:37 -0800, "DrB" wrote:

Just figured it out using your method. Thank you.

. ..