Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell Range

Hello,

How can I have a formula end at a certain range of cells withou
knowing that range of cells ahead of time?

I have a formula in cell B1, which checks numbers in cell A1, and base
on the number in A1, the formula changes B1 to a letter.
I copied the formula down so far in the B1 range, but the length o
data in cell A1 can be different each time.

Thank

--
Altec10
Altec101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3453

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would need to add some test to the formula. What is that formula, and
what sort of data in A1?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Altec101" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

How can I have a formula end at a certain range of cells without
knowing that range of cells ahead of time?

I have a formula in cell B1, which checks numbers in cell A1, and based
on the number in A1, the formula changes B1 to a letter.
I copied the formula down so far in the B1 range, but the length of
data in cell A1 can be different each time.

Thanks

--
Altec101
Altec101's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571898

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The data in A1 would look like this: 0:03:00

The formula is working great, it does what it needs to do.
This is the formula:

=IF(E2=Buckets!$C$1,"A",IF(E2=Buckets!$C$2,"B",I F(E2=Buckets!$C$3,"C",IF(E2=Buckets!$C$4,"D",IF( E2=Buckets!$C$5,"E","NA")))))

--
Altec101
Altec101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34539

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't give much away do you?

I presume that if C6 has data you want the formula to test that, then C7,
etc.?

If so, then use

=INDEX(C1:C10,MIN(IF(E2<C1:C10,ROW(C1:C10))))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

just change C1:C 10 to the maximum you will ever need.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Altec101" wrote in
message ...

The data in A1 would look like this: 0:03:00

The formula is working great, it does what it needs to do.
This is the formula:

=IF(E2=Buckets!$C$1,"A",IF(E2=Buckets!$C$2,"B",I F(E2=Buckets!$C$3,"C",IF(
E2=Buckets!$C$4,"D",IF(E2=Buckets!$C$5,"E","NA") ))))

--
Altec101
Altec101's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571898

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The formula checks cell E2 on a sheet called stats to see if the number
in that cell is between a 15 minute intervals which it gets from a
sheet called Buckets on the same spreadsheet. On this page it has cells
ranging from
C1, C2, C3, C4, and C5 which has numbers in them cells like this:
1:00:00
0:45:00
0:30:00
0:15:00
0:00:00

The cell that contains the formula then places an A, B, C, D, or E in
that cell depending on the results.
I need the formula to only look at the amount of data copy over that
month, which the amount of data will be different each month.

=IF(E2=Buckets!$C$1,"A",IF(E2=Buckets!$C$2,"B",I
F(E2=Buckets!$C$3,"C",IF(E2=Buckets!$C$4,"D",IF( E2=Buckets!$C$5,"E","NA")
))))