Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Flex Grid Control (supporting files)

Hi,
I used a grid control in an Excel application. The control description is:

Microsoft Hierarchical FlexGrid Control 6.0 (SPA) (OLEDB)

I also have Visual Basic 6.0 Professional installed on my PC. Please advise
what additional supporting files need to be copied/installed on a user's
computer to be able to recognize this control in Excel. I've copied the
files: MSHFLXGD.DEP (8/2/2000), MSHFLXFD.OCX (3/9/2004), and MSHFLXGD.SRG
(5/31/1998) to the client's c:\windows\system32 folder but Excel still errors
when seeing the first line of code referring to the control.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never mind. I've switched to the Videosoft Flex Array Control that comes on
board with the Excel suite. Does the same thing for what I'm doing with no
property or method syntax changes.

"RLang" wrote:

Hi,
I used a grid control in an Excel application. The control description is:

Microsoft Hierarchical FlexGrid Control 6.0 (SPA) (OLEDB)

I also have Visual Basic 6.0 Professional installed on my PC. Please advise
what additional supporting files need to be copied/installed on a user's
computer to be able to recognize this control in Excel. I've copied the
files: MSHFLXGD.DEP (8/2/2000), MSHFLXFD.OCX (3/9/2004), and MSHFLXGD.SRG
(5/31/1998) to the client's c:\windows\system32 folder but Excel still errors
when seeing the first line of code referring to the control.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For your information,
With all ActiveX components it not sufficient to copies the files to the
destination computer; they have to be registered also. check out
regsrv32.exe .
You also to ensure that all dependencies are present .

NickHK