Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
fee fee is offline

Default E-mailing Forms

Not sure whether this is possible but will ask the question anyway, as
someone may know.

I have a excel spreadsheet that I want to keep on my system, but e mail
the form created for data entry to the suppliers that need to fill in
the information, then when they have created the information that is
required they send the data back to me, which is then updated into the
original spreadsheet. Seems a bit complicated but is it possible, I
have seen someone do something similar and wondered how it was done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Fee

Do you mean Sheet ?
You find a example here to send one sheet
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

It is possible to read info from the files you get back with mail and copy it in your spreadsheet
Which mail program do you use ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"fee" wrote in message ups.com...
Not sure whether this is possible but will ask the question anyway, as
someone may know.

I have a excel spreadsheet that I want to keep on my system, but e mail
the form created for data entry to the suppliers that need to fill in
the information, then when they have created the information that is
required they send the data back to me, which is then updated into the
original spreadsheet. Seems a bit complicated but is it possible, I
have seen someone do something similar and wondered how it was done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
fee fee is offline

Ron de Bruin wrote:
Hi Fee

Do you mean Sheet ?
You find a example here to send one sheet
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

It is possible to read info from the files you get back with mail and
copy it in your spreadsheet
Which mail program do you use ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Cheers Ron

I do mean sheet, and the program that I use is outlook

"fee" wrote in message ups.com...
Not sure whether this is possible but will ask the question anyway, as
someone may know.

I have a excel spreadsheet that I want to keep on my system, but e mail
the form created for data entry to the suppliers that need to fill in
the information, then when they have created the information that is
required they send the data back to me, which is then updated into the
original spreadsheet. Seems a bit complicated but is it possible, I
have seen someone do something similar and wondered how it was done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See Dick's example to save the files from the mails
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olRetrieving.htm

Then you can use examples from my site to get the data out of the files
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl