Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Interactive Workbook on Shared Drive

I have a workbook on a shared drive that I use for my employee's. On
one sheet, there is a list in which they fill out certain criteria.
(example Row 4, A - name, B - address, C- Zip Code, D - phone number,
etc.). Each user fills their info in on the next available row -
provided its not already used. Afterwards, they hit save and close the
workbook. My job is to look at the information they put on each row and
update their row with a reference number at the end of their data
(Column E). The users later come back to get their reference number so
they can process the information using the reference number I provided.

This has worked fine however, I am looking to upgrade. I am wanting to
know if I can create a MASTER sheet which records data from individual
sheets, then when updated, returns the data back to the Indivual sheets
(using the same data layout as above). In other words, instead of
everyone using one big bulletin sheet to post and retrieve, I want to
create each user thier own sheet in which they only see the info that
they post, and retrieve the number I update their row with (from the
MASTER sheet). Personally, I want to be able to control / use just the
MASTER sheet to retrieve info from each individual sheet and once I
update it with the reference number, allow the user to see the number
at the end of their data (ex: Column E).

This may be a little far fetched for Excel, but I'm still in the
beginning stages of Acess.. I guess some would say that I'm still
"technically smart" not "smart techinically". :-)

Thanx.