Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple users on workbook, but no shared drive, how to maintain sanity?

I am temping at a logistics company and I work with one other person to set
up appointments/confirmations for truck scheduling. I am kind of losing my
mind since we have to share a schedule and I get the other person's copy at
the end of the day which shows many differences from mine. Is there some way
around this? They will have use any shared drives so if there is any kind of
terrorist situation is can be easily traced. I am just wondering if anyone
has suggestions!

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure what you meant by "They will have use any shared drives so ..."

If you don't have a shared drive, then there isn't any way to open the same workbook. If
you do have a shared drive, you can mark the workbook for sharing, but you won't see the
other person's changes on your screen. Sharing just combines the changes at the time you
save your workbook, and keeps one save from overwriting the changes by the other person(s).
And it lets you resolve any conflicts where you've changed the same cell(s). The only way
to see the other persons changes is to close (with save) your copy, then reopen it. You see
the other persons changes only as of his last save. It isn't real-time.
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...