Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum selected Range and copy to clip board

Hi,

I'm sure its simple but I can't seem to work it out. I need a macro
that sums the selected cells and copies it to the clipboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dewey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dewey,
Here's one way:

Private Sub CommandButton3_Click()
Dim MyData As DataObject
Set MyData = New DataObject
MyData.SetText Application.Sum(Selection)
MyData.PutInClipboard
End Sub

NickHK

"Dewey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm sure its simple but I can't seem to work it out. I need a macro
that sums the selected cells and copies it to the clipboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dewey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hmmm, got it working. For some reason it wouldn't work when I had it
as a module, so I moved it to a sheet.

Works perfectly, Cheers Nick

Dewey

"Dewey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm sure its simple but I can't seem to work it out. I need a macro
that sums the selected cells and copies it to the clipboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dewey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cheers,

any idea on the syntax to then paste from the clipboard.

Now I just need another macro that i'll bind to a key stroke so that it
does a 'paste values' command into the active cell.

Cheers

Dewey

"Dewey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm sure its simple but I can't seem to work it out. I need a macro
that sums the selected cells and copies it to the clipboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dewey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If this is within Excel, you do not need that method. But if you have a
range selected, what do you mean by the Activecell ?
May be you mean this:
Range("D1").Value = Application.Sum(Selection)

NickHK

ups.com...

"Dewey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm sure its simple but I can't seem to work it out. I need a

macro
that sums the selected cells and copies it to the clipboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dewey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry I think I've confused you.

The first code you sent me works perfectly and I have that associated
with a shortcut key, so when I select the range I press crt-e to sum
the data, now I want to go to another workbook and paste that value
into a selected cell. I could right click and go paste special, then
values, but I have to do this a lot of times and was hoping I could get
another macro for this function and assign it to another shortcut key
to save me lots of time.

Thanks

Dwight