Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2000 webquery fails for pages greater than 2k

Hi, all.

One of our clients has an Excel 2000 on Win 2K configuration. I created
a test macro as follows...

Sub runquery()

Dim qt As QueryTable

For Each qt In ActiveSheet.QueryTables
qt.Delete
Next qt

connectionString = "URL;http://myhost.com/webquery.html"
Set qt = ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=connection String,
Destination:=Range("A1"))
With qt

qt.Name = "MyQuery"
qt.SaveData = True
qt.WebTables = "1"
qt.RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
qt.BackgroundQuery = False

qt.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

End With

End Sub

Now, if webquery.html is greater than 2048 bytes, the VB fails with an
Object error. If the webquery.html is 2048 or less, then it works
fine.

The system has the IE SP1 with all of the latest patches. The thing is
that this works on other machines with a similar configuration, except
for IE patch Q823353. Anyone run into this issue?

Thanks,
Anil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anil,
Your mean the HTML file on the server is 2K this fails ?
It is not an inherent problem with Excel 2000 on Win 2K w/IE 6.0 SP1 +
Q823353, so something else must be on behind the scenes.
Is there any scripting in the HTML ?
Or OBJECT tags ?

NickHK

ups.com...