Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2000 fails to open excel 2003 file

Hi anyone

I have created a tool using Excel 2003 which contains several macros,
and runs fine on my machine and also on my colleagues' with the same
versions of Excel and Windows (XP Pro).

However, when a client attempts to open the file it appears to open
very slowly until they get a message stating that there is a problem
and Excel crashes.

They are using the same operating system, but running Excel 2000.

My inital suspicion was that the problem lay with the module which
opened MS Word and pasted information across, but i think it may be
more fundamental than that.

I have tried:

- Changing the Microsoft Office Object Library (which is version 11 in
Excel 2003, and is Microsoft Office 9.0 Object Library on their
machine).
- Re-saving the file as 97-2003 compatible.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, N.