Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to make a mirror database ?

hi everyone,

i wanna create a mirror database as following:

i have 2 file :
1 - contain the main database
2 - contain the mirror. it mean, if the main database is changed, the
mirror change parallelly

how to do it, pls

thanks in advance.

--
vumian
vumian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36494

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi vumian,

vumian wrote:
i wanna create a mirror database as following:

i have 2 file :
1 - contain the main database
2 - contain the mirror. it mean, if the main database is changed, the
mirror change parallelly

how to do it, pls

Are you talking about Excel?

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

make an excel file somewhere else that is exactly the same as the one
have, but read only for everyone else. anyway to do this at th
workbook level? I know how to do it at the cell level.

once again, many thanks for all the help

--
zeroslee
zerosleep's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1784

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Call WB.SaveCopyAs every so often, overwriting the previous file and marking
it Read-Only.
If you are looking for something more like database Replication, use a DB
product instead.

NickHK

"zerosleep" wrote in
message ...

make an excel file somewhere else that is exactly the same as the one I
have, but read only for everyone else. anyway to do this at the
workbook level? I know how to do it at the cell level.

once again, many thanks for all the help.

--
zerosleep
zerosleep's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570037