Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default search cells

I want to find a row in a spreadsheet in excel by typing a word or a code
which the row contains. For example, you have a pricelist for your clients,
the products are listed by name and in the same row the description, the
netto price and the bruto price of the product are shown. The client wants to
find this information about a product by simply writing the name of the
product in a spreadsheet. What formula do I have to use to make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That works but the problem is that the client is not supposed to see the
complete spreadsheet. He should be able to write in an other spreadsheet
which contains only information about the company and himself.

Jasmien tel wrote:
I want to find a row in a spreadsheet in excel by typing a word or a code
which the row contains. For example, you have a pricelist for your clients,
the products are listed by name and in the same row the description, the
netto price and the bruto price of the product are shown. The client wants to
find this information about a product by simply writing the name of the
product in a spreadsheet. What formula do I have to use to make this work?

search for a particular string in cells hsg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 30th 10 04:54 PM
protect cells in excel, but also allow a search in those cells? LindaAlex Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 28th 10 02:51 PM
Search Cells hfazal Excel Programming 1 February 10th 06 01:19 AM
Search Cells kwedde01[_3_] Excel Programming 0 June 29th 05 05:09 PM
Search a column for the last five cells? Daniel[_10_] Excel Programming 3 April 26th 04 04:38 PM